So with a sincere wish to be "reasonable" and focused on business, I thought I'd share some of my goals, call it dreams, for 2014.
1. Be a consistent blogger. How in the h@$#ll am I gonna do this??? Well heard of Pinterest for 30 days?? Me being a TYPE A, over-achiever.....why not give it a whirl for a whole year?! Remember, "How hard can it be?" I figure between the madness that is my life and Pinterest, I'll have plenty to blog about. Wanna do it with me????????? Whatcha think?
First pin to tackle........
Twice Baked Butternut Squash
2. Create more custom furniture and accessory pieces. It seems that I kinda lost my mojo in 2013. But I feel the juices flowing and I'm ready to build, wire, paint, and weld (who knows...I could learn)!
Some past custom projects.....
3. Go bigger, better, farther than any "wo-man" has gone before. Gotta go big or go home!! I'm planning to shop the country this year! I wanna get outta my own back yard! In the works for January? A trip to Atlanta, GA and Canton, TX! I'll keep you posted as my calendar fills up! Shop til 'ya drop, BABY or the $$$ runs out!
4. Ok, just a wish....but I'm serious this year. Buy a vintage trailer!!! I was out with birdie #2 on a date a couple of weeks ago and spied not 1, but 2 vintage .....swoon.....robin's egg blue travel trailers in the driveway of an old farm house. I'm gonna drop by, unannounced of course, and beg, plead and cajole them. Will they sell, who knows, but I'll give it my best shoot. Insert picture of dream truck and trailer here.....
5. Go glamping....'nough said!
6. Keep posting a funny of the day on Facebook. It always starts me off with a giggle!
7. Continue to add new sales venues. I'm looking at doing the Vintage Market in High Point, NC in April. Hey anyone have some great vintage sales....let me know!!! I'm spreading my wings baby!
8. The big dream.......I have this idea. I'd love to create a vintage retail destination. A place where customers can shop 3-4 times a year for the most amazing vintage home goods and accessories. Combine that with gourmet food trucks, food and drink artisans and voila, a site sooo cool that you'd be crazy to miss an event. Speaking of events...it would be available for rent...Think parties, rehearsals, photo shoots!!! Finally, have you seen all the buzz about weekend workshops filled with clever diys???? Most I've seen are on the west coast!!! What about us??? I would love to bring these types of innovative retreats to the east coast. Who knows what this building will look like? Old gas station, bank, church.......I've got my eyes peeled. Any ideas??? Let me know.
Well, that about sums up my plans. I'm super excited to see how things turn out. Off to roast my squash for dinner!!!
Have a good one,