Saturday, March 16, 2013

A POP of color to make you Happy!

If you are like me, you are DYING ready for Spring!  I just love all the color that seems to pop up over night.  Those tiny little crocus blooms, tulips bursting with life...you name it, if it's in the ground I love it!!!!

Well I can't hurry Mother Nature along, so I have been inspired to create a little Spring Fever in my retail space The Robin's Nest at Chartreuse & co. Color is so "IN" right now in home furnishings. If I had a million $$$$$$ I would redecorate my house every month, right???  Well I don't and I bet you don't either.  Here are some fun ways that I brought color into my space.

 




Pillows are a perfect way to change up a space. It's an inexpensive way to redefine a room, making it look refreshed and current.

 

 

Mix and match colors, fabrics, designs and textures.  Toss on a chair, sofa or bed and voila    A Brand New Look!







It's AMAZING what a little paint can do.....








Buy painted colorful chairs...or paint them yourself.  I found this amazing 1960's drapery panel months ago.  I new I had to find a chair to do it justice.... so love this look. This chair can go in any room and make heads turn.

 

Colorful dishes, glassware, and table linens are another great way to create a fresh new look.  You don't have to buy a whole new set of dishes...just  add a few fun serving piece like this awesome chartreuse green ice bucket.

It's all about having fun with your rooms.  Don't take interior design too seriously.  Long gone are the days of having the perfect dining/sitting/living room.  Families today live in every inch of their homes.  Enjoy yourself and buy what you love.  Chances are...your family will love it too.
 
Have a good one,
Robin

 
 
 
 
 

No comments: