Thursday, May 22, 2014

What's this Lucketts Spring Market thing all about?




I've bee a busy little bee so far this year!!  Two trip to Texas, regular sales at Chartreuse & co, and 2 outdoor markets so far. (Grant Avenue Market and Lucketts Spring Market) My bones are weary, my family is pooped, heck, even my doggie, Trooper is feelin' it.  It's a lot of work to recreate your "look" for an outdoor event.  Thanks heavens I have the support and "free labor" of hubby and the birdies at the Nest.  Although, this crew sure can eat, so I don't know if it's exactly free!!! The biggest event that I had was Lucketts Spring Market.  It's the most widely talked about, so I that I'd focus today's post on it.

The Old Lucketts Store is a vintage store located in Leesburg, VA, open all year long.  Once a year they put on a huge Vintage Market.  Loads of fun, treasure, mud, rain, traffic, crowds, food, did I say...fun!  I set up my tent and brought my treasures (mostly from my Texas road trips).  The best way to describe it is vintage madness.  Here are the sights I saw during the weekend....
my space

 My friend JC...source: 

my space


 source: 




Niles...my space

my space

my space

my space  source:

 my space source:

 my space

My friend, Sue from Vintage Rescue Squad

my space...vintage Leggs Eggs Pantyhose display rack

 my space
my space

My bestie, Yvette from FOUNDRY on crowd control


Hope you enjoyed the tour!  Next up at the Nest...Josies' on Main Vintage Jubliee on May 31 & June 1, 9am to 5pm, both days, 201 N. Main Street, Boonsboro, MD.  Home of author, Nora Roberts!  Drop by her bookstore Turn the Page for a fun memory!

Have a good one,
Robin

No comments: