Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The woo of Southern Charm

I know I've been MIA for a while. I have big plans to post regular blog post sharing my treasure hunting journey with you, but life sometimes gets in the way. Blah, blah, blah...all that to say, I'm back and filled with inspiration gained by a much needed vacation to South Carolina. In fact, my family and I have been making this trek for, insert drumroll here, 32 years. Approximately 104, family and friends descend on Pawleys Island, SC for 2 weeks every year. No worries, we're all not in one house! During this vacation, I plan trip within a trip to Charleston,SC with my fabulous cousin, Lisa. Husbands, fine dining, and lots of cocktails make for a memorable trip every year.



Charleston, SC has become a real "foodie" city. On our trip, we always trip to pick a resturant that's up and coming. When I saw a recipe from HUSK in Country Living this Spring, I knew our choice for this year. OMG....pretty much descibes every single morsel I put into my mouth. My fav...get this, fried green tomatoes with pimento cheese spread. It'sounds like you could be eating out back behind the Piggly Wiggly on your lunch break, but let me tell you, this was southern fine dining!



One look upward to this amazing church steeple and you know you're not in Kansas anymore! The architecture and colors of this old world city left me with a head full of ideas. How can I incorporate this european feeling into my furniture and projects. Enough chatter, I'll let the pictures do the talking.












Have a good one!
Robin

No comments: